Thursday, September 2, 2010

Did someone say something to you that had an impact on your birth?

One of the important messages taught in hypnosis for childbirth is that words have power. The President and Vice President of Hypnobabies are creating a presentation for the birth mega conference put on by Lamaze and ICEA about how things care providers say influence women during pregnancy and birth, and they need your personal examples. Here is the original request from Kerry Tuschhoff, in her words:
Hi Everyone,

First of all, just a reminder that Kerry and Carole are speaking at the"Uniting for the Future of Birth" Mega Conference in Milwaukee in early October! http://www.futureofbirthconference.org/ Our session is called, TheTransformative Language of Birth and will allow us to teach birthprofessionals how to alter their thinking and use positive wording which canpositively affect birth outcomes. Please post and e-mail this to EVERYONE!

Since our session at the Mega Conference is all about helping birthprofessionals learn positive language that is extremely helpful to all pregnant and birthing moms, we would like to ask for everyone's input! Thisincludes moms and birth care professionals.Please call our toll-free hotline at 800-350-2204 and complete any or all ofthe following:

"When I was pregnant my (caregiver) said ...to me and then I felt....aboutchildbirth". (Doulas, doctors, midwives, nurses; any caregiver)

"My birth was awesome (or whatever adjective you'd like to use) because my(caregiver) said..."

"My birth was going very well (or however you'd like to describe it) until my (caregiver said ..."

If you are a birth professional, you can complete the following:

"I attended a birth where a (medical caregiver) said....to the birthing momand it changed....in her birth experience (explain what happened, positiveor negative).

Please forward this to anyone who would like t be part of the process ofchanging birth language. Thanks so much for helping us educate birth careprofessionals how to become more positive and effective!

Kerry

Kerry Tuschhoff, HCHI, CHt, CI


I think I have some things I can share. During my son's birth my OB said both some wonderful things and one or two things that could have been said in better ways ("Try not to push" was a big one for me) If you have an experience, whether it was related to a birth with hypnosis or not, they would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment