Monday, January 17, 2011

Review of Nonichai Nursing Mothers (part 1)

I was recently given the opportunity to try a free sample of the Nursing Mothers herbal supplement from Nonichai Health. (The page for the supplement has some excellent pro-breastfeeding information on it). This is the first offer I've received to review a product. I have looked up all the ingredients in the supplement. They are
Marshmallow, fennel, and fenugreek are all traditional herbal galactophages. Cardamom is a spice used in Traditional Chinese Medicine to treat digestive issues. I was very interested in the use of noni leaves. I am familiar with the use of the juice of the noni (Morinda citrifolia) fruit as a dietary supplement. My mother-in-law grew up using noni juice as a tonic in her native country of Tahiti.

Noni-branch
the Noni (morinda citrifolia) plant

My husband's family is friends with the owners of the Tahitian Noni company, who have managed to create a blend of the juice with other fruits that is not completely impossible to swallow to people who have never tasted the fruit before (though the noni juice is still a very pungent flavor in it--it is kind of an acquired taste--I can tolerate it, while my husband actually likes it).

Noni juice
Tahitian Noni brand juice and lotion

I did not know before getting the offer to review this product that the noni leaf has also been traditionally been used as a medicine in Tahiti. The site I linked to above on Noni Leaves claims that tea made from these leaves is rich in antioxidants and flavinoids and aids in digestion and maintaining blood sugar levels.

Since my son is a bit small (issues with his doctor over this is another story for another day) and occasionally he has to work hard to get as much milk as he wants in the evenings, I decided I would give the free sample of Nonichai Nursing Mothers a try.

In my next post, I will talk about my experience taking this supplement.

The Federal Trade Commission16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising requires that I disclose that I received one or more of the products mentioned above as a free sample, which was offered to me by an email inquiry. Reguardless, I only recommend products I have used myself and that I believe could benefit my readers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brittany,
    I am so glad to see your blog. I actually just started taking nonichai nursing mothers too and so far its working wonders for me and my baby.
    I am excited to hear how it is for you, I look forward to your next blog.
    Thank you
    Sara

    ReplyDelete